"Soulful Gifts to Lift The Spirit"

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Displaying Sarah's Angels Collectibles

2010 marks the 10th Anniversary of the Sarah's Angels collection by Pavilion Gift Company. If you're an angel lover, chances are you have at least one Sarah's Angels figurine in your grouping of angel collectibles.

In 2002 when I lost my beloved dogs Tasha and Niki to a poisonous veterinary product, I searched high and low for angels with dog memorabilia. Displaying photographs of my dogs on my desk, even though I could not put them away, would make me cry if I looked at them. Once I received my first Sarah's Angels, Ellaine, as a gift from my sister for Christmas, I started to feel that my dogs were with my angels in Heaven and could start the slow healing process through my grief. In fact, receiving my first Sarah's Angels planted a seed in my head that one day I would like to own a gift shop where I offered sympathy gifts to pet lovers.

Angels are spiritual messengers bringing God's love and protection in many ways. God gives His angels charge over us as guardian angels. Little did I know that the Ellaine figurine would become the starting point of my Sarah's Angels angel with animals collection.

If you're anything like me, you are wanting to create a nice display area to show off your angel collection. Happily, I had a lovely wrought iron shelving unit in my home that I snatched from other room, and placed it in the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop office. It's now become a shrine, so to speak, to my angel dogs and my dogs now, Abby and Casey. Take a look at the simple way I've arranged my angels, photo frames, candles, greenery, and other pieces to create a pleasing display that gives me a lot of joy. As I add more angel figurines to my collection, I'll, of course, have to come up with another arrangement using "lifts" and "levels" to maximize my display space, but this works for now.

I hope my photos provide you inspiration for displaying your favorite Sarah's Angels collectibles in your home.

No comments: