"Soulful Gifts to Lift The Spirit"

Monday, December 29, 2008

It's Christmas Every Day


One of the many reasons I entered the gift and gift basket business is because I’m creative and I love working with my hands. I love to sew, although I rarely get to sew these days. I love working with colors, with beautiful fabrics, and with ribbon especially.

But I’m genuinely interested in my customers. I want to know all about them, their families, their pets – whether alive or in Spirit -- how they heard about my Web sites, whom the gifts are for, and what the occasion is. The idea that they’ve chosen my gifts to express themselves is wonderful and makes my “work” worthwhile. To know that a percentage of your purchases will help the animals is so fulfilling to me and keeps the legacy of Tasha and Niki, my angel dogs, alive.

Yes, you’re going to receive e-mails from me. And it’s not because I’m bored, trust me. I want your orders to be handled exactly the way you’d like. I will track your shipments as if I’m eagerly anticipating receiving them myself. And I do worry about shipments until I know they are safe and secure in your hands or that of your gift recipients. This to me is what customer service is all about.

I’m so passionate about what I do that it keeps me up at night, wakes me up in the middle of the night, and wakes me up early in the morning. If I don’t get my ideas down on paper right away, I’ll never get any sleep.

Receiving an order from a customer makes me smile every time. And I thank God, out loud, for that. It’s like Christmas for me every day when new merchandise arrives. I am always so excited for you to see what I’ve found. I attend at least two major gift shows every year to keep up with the trends and seek out new and unique merchandise – something you are not going to find in most stores and certainly not in the “Big Box” stores.

Thank you for allowing me to experience “Christmas” every day at the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop. It is my pleasure serving you!

1 comment:

kathleen codyrachel said...

You continue to amaze me! of course I'm reading your blog backwards (typical!) from most recent to oldest--
What a gift you give everyday to family, friends and us strangers (some not so strange after all!)Your joy is so naturally you!- thanks again -
kathleen