"Soulful Gifts to Lift The Spirit"

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Grateful


I have a wonderful man in my life who doesn’t mind all the time I devote to my pet “stuff” and my shop. There are three dogs in our household who keep me company as I spend many hours at the keyboard. The dogs will wag their tails and get excited when I tell them I’m making “pretty baskets” which will help the doggies. They will ride in the pet mobile with me as I deliver packages to be shipped to gift recipients all across the United States. Somehow they seem to understand it all. Or maybe they’re happy because I’m happy doing what I love. I have a great Webmaster who has guided me over the past year and captured my vision for the *new* gift shop. He knew what I wanted even if I didn’t.

As The Pet Guardian and now through the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop, I have been blessed to connect with many people over the years, many of whom have become great friends and whose friendships I cherish.

Who would know six years after my beloved dogs died what would be coming down the pike for me? The majority of those years were anything but a bed of roses. Losing my dogs and losing them in the manner I did broke my heart into a million pieces. I was so angry and bitter and incredibly sad. You can read a sampling of my life back then on The Pet Guardian Web site under Tasha & Niki’s story. I wouldn’t wish any of that on even my worst enemy. There are parts of my life while I was going through the grieving process that I just can't remember. Funny how your brain can protect you when what you are facing is just too much for you to handle.

Somehow, though, I knew I’d get through it, if only because I had been through the loss of my parents in my mid-20s and had experience with loss. So if and when you find yourself where I have been, you can believe me when I say, “I totally understand. I get it.” Because I do. I really do.

You’ll notice through the shop that I have a love of not only animals, but of angels and butterflies. I’ve chosen the butterfly as the symbol of my blog because to me the butterfly represents beauty, changes, taking flight, simplicity, and peace. At first, it is an ugly caterpillar and no one will give it a second look. But with time and dedication, it becomes something marvelous to the human eye. It is a natural wonder.

So, with my life, after getting through some tough times, a butterfly just reminded me of myself, actually. I had to take time and appreciate what I had and what I hope to be in the future. It is a symbol of hope for the animals and what I can do to make their lives better.

Let this be a welcoming place of feelings, hope, and joy.

No comments: