"Soulful Gifts to Lift The Spirit"

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

St. Francis of Assisi - Protector of Animals


My St. Francis Protector of Animals Bracelet is handmade by me, "Auntie Angel," as a tribute to my favorite saint, St. Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals and those who suffer.  Many pet guardians pray to St. Francis for the health and welfare of their beloved pets.

Those who are interested are encouraged to read this lovely story about St. Francis preaching to the birds.  It is one of the reasons we feel our St. Francis charm bracelet is so meaningful.

I love all my handmade creations, knowing that a portion of the proceeds honor animals and help support animal welfare organizations, but this piece is especially powerful for me in its simplicity.  It existed in a prior form, but I was compelled to redesign it, on Easter Sunday 2013, the day of the resurrection of Christ, a day of hope and faith.

The Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Amen.

No comments: