"Soulful Gifts to Lift The Spirit"

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kindred Spirits Gift Shop's Charity Program


As The Pet Guardian, it's always been important to me that people are aware of what can happen to their pets. I don't want anybody to ever go through what I did when I lost my dogs Tasha and Niki.

When I decided to launch the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop, I knew I wanted to "give back" and help the animals. No matter what's happening in our world, the policy here remains: 5 percent of all purchases from the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop is donated to three nonprofit animal-based charities: Angel's Gate Hospice for Animals, Companion Animal Protection Society, and Meisha's Hope AIHA/IMHA Fund #338 at Morris Animal Foundation. For two of the shop's nonprofits, 25 percent of a specially-designated gift basket is donated to that organization. Our third charity gift basket will be forthcoming sometime this year.

Some people don't understand why I'd choose to "give away" 5 percent (or 25%) of the shop's bottom line. Setting aside my deeply personal reasons, here's why:

Organizations such as animal shelters and rescues -- really any organization that deals with the health and welfare of animals -- are especially in need of funding given the state of our economy. There are more animals, higher costs to care for them, and the funding is just not there like it used to be. The animals will continue to suffer if we don't step up and give.

There are volunteer opportunities. There are also plenty of ways to give back by going online and donating or shopping with e-tailers who donate for you. When going through the checkout process with the Kindred Spirits Gift Shop, please be sure to click on one of the charities so your donation can be directed there. It's that simple.

As you're purchasing gifts and gift baskets with us, remember you are helping the animals. As always, thank you for helping to make our world a better place for our furry friends!

3 comments:

kathleen codyrachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kathleen codyrachel said...

Sorry Jean -- I removed it because I didn't check it and in such a short comment I managed to misspell a few words!! What I said was and I quote -- I love your work statetemnt! Your sweet and generous self shines through!!-
kathleen

kathleen codyrachel said...

opps!! I still managed to misspell something!!