"Soulful Gifts to Lift The Spirit"

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Courage For The Cure


Being home sick for the good part of two weeks with a virus that seems to be popping up everywhere this winter, I've had a lot of time on my hands to be cranky and depressed and just all around feeling crummy. I know we all can't be at the top of our game all the time, but that's not easy for someone like me who always likes to be productive. Maybe it's a woman thing, I don't know.

Getting sick is the body's way of saying slow down. When you don't listen, it's going to stop you dead in your tracks, whether you have the time to be sick or not. Too bad! Being sick brought out the petulant baby in me, and I haven't liked her.

I have had some bursts of energy while being sick, though. I accomplished something I'm proud of, something that made me feel good, something that is going to bring a lot of "Pink Ribbon ladies" comfort, something that will remind them always that they are loved and cared for and supported: my Courage For The Cure Gift Basket.

While I was inspired and still energetic, I also created my Serenity For Nurses Gift Basket, for the sometimes underappreciated and underpaid earth angels who do so much to give us comfort when we find ourselves facing some challenging times with our health.

You will find the Courage For The Cure and Serenity For Nurses Gift Baskets in the Hope, Faith & Encouragement section of the gift shop. It is my hope that the special women in your life love the gift baskets as much as I enjoyed creating them. May they bring peace, hope, and encouragement to all who receive them.

Once again I find myself humbled by the latest message I received by being sick and having to slow down for a while. I'm extremely lucky that my prescriptions should have me back to feeling great in no time. I know other people aren't so lucky.

The petulant baby is gone and is finally going to sleep well tonight.

No comments: